The Fuel Is Supply To The Fuel Injectors By An Electric Fuel Pump
Before you go and learn about your car fuel injectors, I want you first to learn about an electric fuel pump function. An Electric fuel pump is used in modern internal combustion engines to supply fuel from the fuel tank to the injectors. The pump should deliver fuel under high pressure, so that the nozzle can spray it into the engine. For the proper engine operation fuel pressure should be within allowed specifications for a given engine. Too low-pressure can lead to “fuel starvation” engine misfire, excessive vibration or stop the engine under load. Too much pressure causes uneven engine running too rich mixture, and excessive pollution.
How The Fuel Injectors Work ?
On the most newest car model the engine used with a direct injection technology, which helped to keep up a powerful performance with improved fuel efficiency. The fuel injector, in such type of engine technology, places directly inside the combustion chamber, rather than the intake manifold. This modification helps to improve the fuel efficiency by reducing the throttling losses, when compared to an ordinary M.P.F.I. system. But, this improved version of injection system will also become ineffective, if the fuel injector gets damaged or clogged. Since it gets restricted from spraying required measure of fuel, it will directly affect the engine performance, causing it to run sluggishly. Making your move towards its replacement on your car would also need you to keep the replacement clean, without any extra cost or damage. To make sure, that this replacement remains effective in your car, follow these easy steps-
The Five Fuel Injectors Steps
May be you asking your self when and how you know you are in need to replace your fuel injectors. They are tools you can use to diagnose your fuel injectors. O r the easy way when you follow this five steps, don’t remove the fuel injectors from they rail after they been remove it from the engine. Only face the injectors on the direction you can see they going to spray the fuel by cranking the engine. If you see one of theme is different on the way how is spary the fuel, you replace only that one.
1. Choosing the right injector for your car is highly important; otherwise it makes no sense in replacing it with the one that does not fit the engine requirements. Your car model manufactured and the engine there are very imporatnt. Know which engine is installed in your car and based on the engine, buy a new injector.
2. The next step is to remove the old and damaged injecting, using a socket wrench set, which would help you to remove the injectors easily from they place. For this, you will need to disconnect the battery negative terminal first, and later, remove the fuel hoses from the fuel and the electrical connectors. Before removing the hoses, do not forget to remove the pressure inside the fuel system by removing the fuel pump fuse or relay, with an engine ON.
3. Disconnect the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator. Now, disconnect the fuel rail using socket wrench to remove the mounting bolts. This will cause the fuel rail to get detached from the engine.
4. It simply requires a small push to remove these injecting fragments from the rail. Once they get removed, remove also the O-rings from them and do not use these rings again.
5. Install the new fuel injector to the fuel rail with new O-ring, and connect the fuel rail back to the engine. Connect the fuel hoses and the battery cable to complete the installation process.
6. Connect the vacuum hose to the pressure regulator, and also connect the fuel pump fuse or relay back to its place. Finally start the engine. This will cause the pressure to get back to normal inside the system.
I, Fouzi thank you for subscribing and visiting my website. My Car Symptoms, is my new e-book subscribe now .The part one ( How You Diagnose Your Car Problem To Save Money ) is Free for you is limited edition. If your car is in need for fuel injectors replacement contact me at Fouzis Service Centre for free quotation. I have special on fuel injectors replacement. Visit this auto parts store for fuel injectors prices click here.